Obtains payment for merchandise by accurately itemizing and totaling customer purchases. To ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill store to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities.
To ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and stewardship of the Post Retail operations, security of corporate assets through donor and customer relations, processing donated goods, and quality control in order to maximize profitability. The Material Handler is responsible for assisting in processing of post retail goods and keeping equipment emptied for the transportation flow. Also, is responsible for providing world-class customer service, maintaining work place and work area safe with cleanliness and orderliness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates Goodwill Houston’s Core Values in all actions.
- Ensures adherence to Guiding Principles and CARF standards.
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times and presents a friendly, cooperative attitude to general public and staff at all times.
- Operate electronic cash register and credit card machines.
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers and providing assistance with basic questions about store operations and/or merchandise.
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times and presents a friendly, cooperative attitude to general public and associates at all times.
- Help load and unload store merchandise as needed.
- Assist in store security.
- Must perform necessary janitorial work.
- Adherence to all Goodwill policies and procedures regarding sales, cash handling, and safety.
- Responsible for performing assigned duties within the framework of our Guiding Principles:
- We are committed to providing world-class customer service to all our customers
- We are committed to a clean, neat, and organized store. The image of the store reflects Goodwill and the team
- Customers should be greeted in 10 seconds
- We are committed to a full store with full inventory
- Every time we touch a donation, something good should happen to it
- All donations should be processed within 24 hours
- If you have a pile, you have a problem
- Hard goods should be priority processed
- Material handling equipment is for moving donations, not storage
- Don’t fall in love with your donations…rotation is critical to success
- Donor value should increase
- Profits should increase
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
- Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
- Successfully complete job specific checklist within 90 days of employment.
- Assist with the security and safety of company employees and property.
- Free from alcohol and drugs.
- Conduct self in safe manner; report all work injuries immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.