Brock Industrial Services is a seamless provider of premier union scaffolding, painting, insulation, lead and asbestos abatement, in support of capital projects, maintenance, and facility turnarounds.
The Insulation Senior Estimator analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for Insulation related products, projects, or services by performing the following duties. Works independently.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Participates in the company Bid process
- Works to grow the business and bring in new customer/clients
OTHER FUNCTIONS/SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Personal Computer and Software Skills – Knowledge of equipment and software required by the contracts.
- Administration and Management -- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Building and Construction -- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction, including dehumidification, heating, ventilation, rigging, “Right to Know” laws, environmental regulations, waste handling, and other related information
- Safety and Security -- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions. Knowledge of Company and Customer safety procedures.
- Mechanical -- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Management of Personnel Resources -- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.