MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Claims Specialist - Appeals to work in an office setting located in The Woodlands, TX. The schedule for this full time role is Monday- Friday 8am-5pm.
The purpose of this position is to review, submit and follow up on claims or medical bills for the Billing and Appeals Department. It is the primary responsibility of the Claims Specialist to ensure that claims are submitted timely, that they are processed accurately and, if required, denied services are appealed appropriately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and research insurance claims to determine possible payment source(s)
- Contact various sources including insurance professionals, patients, and other parties to verify relevant data
- Coordinate with payors to ensure appropriate filing guidelines are met for reimbursement
- Request appropriate information, both verbally and written, from appropriate parties to ensure proper claim disposition
- Maintain and update payors on denied claims
- Ensure that appropriate billing guidelines and standards are met based on payor and/or State
- Perform aggressive follow up on unresolved claims and facilitate payment from appropriate payors
- Responsible for obtaining claim status and gathering supporting documentation to submit appeals
- Assist with written or verbal appeals to payors on denied claims
- Assist in defending the hospital’s or medical provider’s rights to recovery against insurance companies
- Interact with hospital staff members to obtain appropriate documentation for claims and appeals submission
MedData believes in making a positive impact not only within our industry but also with our employees –the organization’s greatest asset. We take pride in offering comprehensive benefits in a vast array of plans that contribute to the present and future well-being of our employees and their families.
Just some of the benefits we offer:
- HSA, FSA
- Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid Holidays
About The Company
MedData, a MEDNAX (NYSE: MD) company, is a technology-enabled services organization that improves financial outcomes for hospitals by enhancing the patient experience and expanding their access to healthcare. The MedData managed services program includes a range of patient access and communications, revenue cycle management, and consulting and analytics solutions for healthcare systems, including billing, coding, patient balances, eligibility and enrollment, third party liability, and mobile apps.
At MedData, we take great pride in our company, in each other, and in our 30+ year history of accomplishments and success. This pride is reflected in our everyday approach to working together. Each team member understands the importance of being part of a company that values their individual contributions and strives to help them achieve their personal goals as they work together to achieve the broader corporate goals. We believe that every team member contributes directly to MedData’s growth and success, and we are constantly searching for new talented, passionate and enthusiastic people who will take pride in being an integral part of our culture.