To help people achieve their full potential through the dignity and power of work. The sale of donated and new goods at Goodwill stores enables the agency to offer a variety of employment and training services, promote self-sufficiency, and contribute to community conservation through repurposing, reusing, and recycling.
The Donation Attendant is responsible for accepting merchandise donations from donors according to Goodwill policy and to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and stewardship of the
Attended Donation Center (ADC) to maximize profitability. Responsible for performing assigned duties within the framework our Mission, Vision, Values, Team Member Handbook, Guiding
Principles, SOP, Reference Guides, and Goodwill Houston.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loads and sorts materials in trailer/ADC according to Goodwill policy and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of donations and issues completed donation receipts to all donors.
- Ensures all donors are accurately tracked in the system.
- Ability to maintain a cheerful and pleasant disposition when serving customers/donors.
- Ability to work quickly to ensure that all production standards, guidelines and deadlines are met.
- Demonstrates professionalism and presents a friendly, cooperative attitude at all times.
- Perform necessary janitorial work as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
- Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
- Conduct self in safe manner; keep processing area neat, clean and maintain good housekeeping standards to have aisleways and fire exits clear and report all work injuries immediately.
- Adherence to all Goodwill policies and procedures.
- May provide some oversight to our volunteer groups on an as needed basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.