Purpose of Position
The Assistant Terminal Manager is responsible for the daily execution of dispatch operations; including: management of dispatchers, executing daily workload prepared by the Transportation Planner, ELD compliance, and focusing on driver retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by Management.
- Oversee Dispatchers
- Execute employee engagement vision
- Execute daily workload prepared by Transportation Planner
- Responsible for KPIs agreed to between the Assistant Terminal Manager and Terminal Manager
- Facilitate 4DX process
- Hiring and development of Dispatchers
Gulf Winds International, Inc. was founded in April 1996. The idea was to develop a full service, third party logistics company that would focus on warehousing, land transportation, distribution and consolidation.
In 1997, the Houston Trucking division opens with 5 trucks and by 1998 Gulf Winds opened its 2nd warehouse facility. By 2012 Gulf Winds opened its 7th warehouse. Today Gulf Winds is operating with over 2.3 million square feet of warehouse space. By any measurement standard, Gulf Winds is a remarkable success story. In just a few years, the company has grown from only four employees with one account to over 500 employees including ILA and contract labor and thousands of accounts with several locations in Houston and Dallas.