As the functional and technical lead of WTMC’s Online Booking Tool efforts, the Technology Manager of OBT is charged with the development and sustainability of WTMC’s OBT program.
In alignment with the goals, processes and values established and by the CEO and senior management team, he or she creates, materializes, and executes WTMC’s online strategy. Specifically, the manager will coordinate the efficient and optimal delivery of OBT products and services to all of WTMC’s clients through the entire engagement lifecycle from requirement gathering, specification, implementation, support/maintenance as well as offboarding.
As the steward of WTMC’s online program, the OBT lead ensures program success through rigorous project management, proactive client engagement, education and leadership of staff, and lastly foresight and vision across the entire OBT horizon.
This position reports to: VP of Technical Operations
- Oversee all client OBT implementations
- Manage resources and scheduling for upcoming OBT projects
- Gather client business requirements and design a solution that meets the needs of the client within the boundaries time and budget
- Provide business acumen and strive to understand the business problem, in order to best configure the system exceeding client expectations
- Oversee the configuration of a customer’s specific environment as well as knowledge transfer to staff and management team
- Establishes and ensures completion of project milestones, client documentation, and client transitions to their production environment – guaranteeing technical success
- Assist customers with the development of a project plan for each assigned project based on established methodology
- Manage and monitor projects against the customer’s project plans
- Coordinate and schedule activities between various internal and external departments to meet the project milestones and timeline
- Understand and provide thought leadership on the current OBT landscape as well as the upcoming horizon
- Lead client and internal training - design and conduct sessions both remote and on-site
- Communicate "best practice" recommendations based on prior experiences
- Effectively troubleshoot and solve client issues caused by unique client circumstances or software/hardware issues
- Liaison with client team members and OBT vendors to provide solutions and technical support
- Support client’s testing cycles
- Research complex customer problems, issues, and circumstances and provide recommendations, alternatives, and risk assessments