We are seeking an Applications Engineer responsible for evaluation and sizing of equipment in support of bid proposals for world-class machinery solutions. The successful candidate will enjoy:
- Being part of an engineering, manufacturing, and business organization developing machinery solutions for our customers
- Having an influence and impact on product development
- Tapping into the wealth of technical experience available within Rotoflow™ and the opportunity to explore technical interests
- Being part of a team of highly motivated professionals.
- Interaction with both internal and external stakeholders across multiple cross functional disciplines
- Seeing direct impact of their efforts in satisfying customer requirements
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities and grow
- About the Position: The Applications Engineer is responsible for evaluation and sizing of equipment in support of bid proposals for packaged equipment and accessory systems to satisfy the needs of various Air Products business areas and Non-Air Products customers. This equipment enhances the competitive position of Rotoflow™ by focusing on meeting customer expectations and optimizing cost, performance, and reliability.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Uphold the Rotoflow™ safety philosophy for both the workplace and products.
- Provide technical support to proposal development regarding the creation of bids and proposals for supply of equipment
- Provide technical review of application requirements for standard and non-standard equipment supply proposals
- Select equipment based on application requirements
- Perform aerodynamic sizing to meet process specification requirements
- Perform mechanical review of selected equipment offering by evaluating bearing adequacy, rotordynamics, materials of construction, and operating conditions with respect to experience ranges
- Perform initial technical risk evaluations to identify risks, step outs, mitigating actions, and fallback strategies
- Interface with suppliers and customers as required
- Maintain effective relationships with all work team members, suppliers, and customers (both internal and external) to achieve these accountabilities (e.g. working with suppliers to improve manufacturability and reduce cost)
- Support continuous improvement
- Execute within budget and schedule requirements
- Drive cost reductions through standardization and execution efficiencies
Rotoflow™, An Air Products Business, is a full-service turbomachinery OEM providing a wide-range of new equipment solutions and aftermarket services to our customers globally. For over 75 years, Rotoflow™ has designed and manufactured both standard and custom-engineered cryogenic and warm gas centrifugal turbomachinery used in market segments such as industrial gases, petrochemicals, and hydrocarbons. Products include compressor loaded turbo-expanders, generator-loaded power recovery expanders, and low-cost dissipative expanders. Rotoflow™ also offers global aftermarket support including on-site service, spares, repairs, and upgrades.