The Leadman possesses all the skills required of a Journeyman and is able to supervise a work crew without direct supervision from a higher level. Supervision in this case comprises instruction on how to do the tasks required of the craft, and does not generally constitute pay, scheduling, or disciplinary decision making.
Raise, place, and unite components of industrial scaffolding. Scaffolding may be free standing or attached to existing structures.
- Load and unload scaffold components and equipment.
- Set up hoisting equipment for raising and placing scaffold components.
- Use ropes and harnesses or ladders to access scaffolding sites.
- Using drawings, assemble scaffolding from parts.
- Bolt or screw sections together.
- Cut, trim, or drill scaffold components for fit using hand and power tools.
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of scaffold components using plumb bob, level, or other instruments.
- Tear down scaffolding
- Select gear, such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weight and
- size, facilities, and work schedule.
- Assemble and install supporting structures, rigging, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools.
- Fabricate and repair rigging, such as slings, tackle, and ladders, using hand and power tools.
- Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps.
- Attach load to rigging, to provide support or prepare for moving, using hand and power tools.
- Signal or gives verbal directions to workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, to ensure safety of workers and materials.
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces.
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear, to move or support materials, such as heavy equipment, ships
- Test rigging, to ensure safety and reliability.
- Modify, clean, and maintain scaffolding systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Plan scaffold system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Select scaffold component sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
Driven by a commitment to excellence in project execution, Brock is a leader in providing soft craft services, labor support, and materials for capital projects, maintenance, and facility turnarounds.
The Brock Group is a leading provider of industrial specialty services with headquarters in Houston, TX, and operating units in the United States and Canada. The company supports routine maintenance, turnarounds and capital projects by providing services including scaffolding and work access, insulation, coatings/linings, and asbestos abatement, as well as additional associated services.