PROJECT MANAGER II - Corpus Christi
Professional, Management, Construction
The Project Manager position will serve as the senior leader and technical authority within the Company to sustain and improve project and contract performance by improving existing processes and practices to ensure Brock is able to manage and understand the variance from the budget and critical path.
- Promote, demonstrate and instill Brock’s Bsafe and Bbest culture in all aspects of the business
- Manage, review and advise on contracts, may include requests / issuing job numbers, maintain job files and listings, review RFP’s and billing rates and assist in closeout.
- Collaborate with Regional Executives to promote understanding and compliance with established protocols within the businesses
- Responsible for providing hands on technical and administrative leadership of the controls aspect on company projects.
- Responsible for all aspects of the integrity of project control, costing and reporting, ensuring data visibility for the business
- Applies Risk Management principles, including performing risk analysis and providing risk assessments.
- Compiles and supports the baseline schedule. This includes tracking the schedule and completing Forensic Assessment for required diagnosis of schedule and cost.
- Manage special areas of work using construction execution plans. Forecast work including current commitments, estimated growth allowances, and work to complete.
- Responsible for plan, actual and forecast of the project progress and cost tracking. Tracks actual costs of the construction activities and compares them to the budgeted costs for each Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and report accordingly (Earned Value Management).
- Works with project manager on the change management process to incorporate changes into the contract.
- Provide estimating, cost and schedule capabilities for proposals and project execution analysis.
- Initiate Monthly Project Review Process along with publishing of regional data reports as required.
- Audits ongoing operations and identifies opportunities for efficiencies and standardization of methods to improve project health.
- Leverage project controls processes and software to oversee project life cycle management
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven leadership and client relationship skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- A solid understanding of scheduling software.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite, MS Project and SAP BI is an asset.
- Superior ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- High level of professionalism and proactive focus
- Ability to demonstrate conflict resolution and strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in interpreting and applying company policies to issues and problems
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or data related disciplines and / or minimum 10 years of direct Project Controls experience at a senior level.
- PMP or PMI certification desirable
- Experience in managing project controls for multiple projects of over 40 million
3649 Leopard Street Suite 100
Corpus Christi, TX 78408