- Primary duties, 50% or greater, include the operation of off-highway equipment within the facility.
- Operation of off-road trucks to transport raw materials and/or finished products within the facility.
- Operation of off-road trucks to transport water to wet facility roadways and the transport of fuel within the facility to re-fuel equipment.
- Other duties, less than 50%, may include the operation of off -road mobile equipment such as shipping loaders, pit loaders, dozers, graders, excavators, rock breaker, drag line, crane, etc.
- Travel to other facilities maybe required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform duties safely, responsibly and proficiently observing all safety and health rules.
- Employee is expected to operate equipment unit with a high degree of competence, skill and proficiency
- Perform pre-shift and post-shift safety inspections and complete daily equipment reports.
- Report unsafe mechanical conditions to shop foreman and supervisor.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on equipment. Train new equipment operators on the equipment unit they are qualified to operate.
- Assist with equipment routine preventative maintenance.
- Will work outdoors and exposed to varying and/or extreme weather conditions (i.e., heat, wet, cold, etc)
- May work in high and/or precarious places or cramped work space that requires getting into awkward positions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; grip, climb, reach, shovel, squat, crawl, or pull, push, as well as, bend and lift 45 pounds
- Must be able to work required overtime and flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to speak, read, and have a working knowledge of the English language.
Vulcan Materials Company offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts.
OVERVIEW OF VULCAN MATERIALS COMPANY
Vulcan Materials Company is the nation’s largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. We run our business with great discipline and integrity.
At Vulcan, our people share a competitive drive for excellence, in an environment of trust, teamwork, positive reinforcement, open-mindedness and communication.
Ours is a culture of mutual respect, integrity and committed spirit. Opportunity, community and unity is our way of doing business. We call it The Vulcan Way.
Vulcan Materials Company is committed to employing a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. You also have the right to be free from discrimination for medical needs arising from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.