- Knowledge, skill and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Follow the mission of the Houston SPCA.
- Thorough knowledge of the Houston SPCA adoption policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Houston SPCA partners and products/services they offer.
- Knowledge of the Houston SPCA policies and protocols, such as, but not limited to admitting, cleaning and medical protocols.
- Working knowledge of breeds, diseases, medical conditions, and animal handling and behavior.
- Ability to handle animals safely, with patience and gentleness.
- Ability to represent the Houston SPCA in a professional manner in all situations with the public, volunteers and staff.
- Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships within the Houston SPCA, with volunteers and the public and be a team player.
- Must be patient, courteous and work well under stressful conditions.
- Knowledge and ability to accurately work with detailed information in paper and electronic form.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt to changes in programs and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent with one year of working experience.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and a good driving record is optimum.
- Ability to work unscheduled hours.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
This job description is not designed to encompass all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the individual.
Other duties than those listed herein may be assigned.