- Load and unload aircraft of cargo weighing up to 70 lbs. in and out of aircraft within confined cargo areas, push, pull, and position loaded containers weighing up to 3,200 lbs. on rollers with/to aircraft.
- Driving vehicles with gross weights of 3,000 to 80,000 lbs. in areas congested with aircraft, moving and stationary vehicles and equipment as well as positioning vehicle up to aircraft requiring depth perception and the ability to distinguish colors, red, green, and yellow.
- Engage in push-out of aircraft driving 80,000 lb. vehicle or assist by providing guide function to driver using depth perception in congested areas or speaking to cockpit during push-back procedure.
- Transport cargo to and from aircraft driving 3,000 lb. vehicle using depth perception to negotiate vehicle with attached carts through congested area. Read 'off-load' sheets to determine destination of cargo.
- While performing aircraft push-out and/or towing functions, engage in proper specific ground to cockpit communication via hand signals and voice commands, with and without, the assistance of sight or visual aids.
- Ability to successfully communicate with others.
- Ability to work in a high-noise level environment.
- Ability to understand and react to verbal commands and safety warnings, with and without, assistance of sight or visual aids.
- Pull, push, and lift bags weighing up to 70 lbs. onto or from a conveyor belt.
- Pull water hose from stationary cabinet and connect to aircraft.
- Lift, connect overhead and remove overhead, 40 lb. KVA electric cable to/from aircraft.
- De-ice aircraft at heights of up to 20 - 80 ft. lifting and holding nose, spray exterior of wings and fuselage with glycol.
- Ability to judge distances.
- Ability to confront and question unauthorized personnel in secured areas, and report their presence to authorities as necessary.
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis.
Must be at least 18 years of age. High school diploma or GED preferred. Valid drivers’ license. Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends (i.e. Friday, Saturday and Sunday), holidays, and days off. Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language