The Finance Controller will assist the VP Finance for the Company’s largest Region, with over $500 million in revenues, $100 million in deployed assets and 8,000 employees. The successful candidate will need to partner with the Region President and team to drive business performance, adding financial and commercial rigor in decision making. With that, the Finance Controller will work help ensure the greatest utilization of assets in the field. With both a dotted and direct reporting structure, the Finance Controller be responsible for the month end close and accountable for the financial integrity, recognizing that authority will come more from influence rather than a position of power. As the corporate organization works to create a shared service model to enhance execution, the new executive will need to leverage his/her operational expertise and be the financial leader of the P&L.
The Finance Controller will:
- Establish and foster a strong business partnership with the operational leadership while providing accounting and financial guidance to support all organizational/business decisions.
- Report, predict and influence the financial performance of the business.
- Drive efforts across the cash life cycle to improve working capital performance.
- Oversee and develop internal financial reporting protocol for the business, including presentations focused on operational insights allowing the team to better understand and manage the business.
- Assess the external factors of the business and be able to provide insight and analysis of various business impacts. Identify and initiate actions to improve profitability and asset turnover.
- Prepare and report financial information to the business unit and corporate executive leadership, including but not limited to monthly forecasts, monthly results, quarterly reports, and annual budgets.
- Provide analysis to senior management of actual results versus budget and forecast. Highlight and investigate opportunities for financial improvement.
- Partner with the other Region Finance Controller’s to ensure uniformity, consistency, and alignment while continuously creating and implementing best practices across the organization.
- Support the constantly evolving progression of the business while also ensuring the proper controls, operational efficiencies, and financial disciplines are in place.
- Demonstrate the inherent leadership dynamics necessary to recruit, motivate and develop a succession capable team, while promoting an environment of continuous improvement and best in class processes.
- Ensure that the development and implementation of policies and controls are consistent with corporate policies and procedures and GAAP.