Immediate Direct Hire for Mechanics to service and maintain, and continue keeping in good order all Ground Service Equipment at this SP station. Help to keep SP Ramp and other SP service agency’s with safe and reliable equipment that meets all local and governing laws. If you have any mechanical certifications and aptitude to learn more- come see what this opportunity could mean for you! We are flexible and looking to hire Military Mechanics,
Certified Heavy duty/Commercial OR Automotive Mechanic ASE license and GSE are all being accepted to apply and all applicants will be contacted.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Operate and drive all types of equipment – motorized and non motorized
- Perform and show competence in preventive maintenance per established schedules on all ground support equipment
- Respond to requests for on-call maintenance after hours on all ground support equipment if GSE Manager deems necessary
- Provide trouble-shooting and diagnostic assessment of ground support equipment as required
- Modify and overhaul power plant, drive-train, brake, electric and hydraulic systems
- Prepare and paint ground support equipment to SP standards as required
- Remove malfunctioning ground support equipment from service and ensure GSE is not returned to service until malfunction has been properly diagnosed and repaired
- Respond to emergency service calls as well as accidents involving ground support equipment
- Pick-up parts and material required for ground support equipment maintenance and repair
- Own and demonstrate proper use of tools, diagnostic equipment, etc. required for equipment maintenance and repair
- Complete all maintenance/repair documentation consistent with carrier, station, airport authority, municipal, state, federal and SP requirements
- Comply with all federal, provincial, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Will retain a motor vehicle driver’s license for both air side / non airside in good standing at all times
- Follow all safety guidelines set out by WCB, EPA, WHIMIS, and SP management
- Keep GSE shop and its equipment clean and serviceable at all times, report any and all deficiencies to management
- Fuel equipment as necessary with full regard for all safety and environmental requirements.
- Will liaison with Ramp management, customers and staff in a professional manner when needed
Swissport is a Second Chance Employer.
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Valid driver's license
- Certified Heavy duty/Commercial OR Automotive Mechanic ASE license OR GSE accepted
- Certification MUST be in good standing!
- Knowledge of computer maintenance programs, Maximo and/or Microsoft Office
- Good oral and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel when necessary for training or to assist other GSE's at SP stations
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.