SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Houston, Texas Water Resources Group as a Senior Water Resources/ Drainage Engineer.
This is a great opportunity to work on a variety of water-related projects involving hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) modeling and analysis, schematic drainage design and riverine hydraulics. This person will mentor junior staff and review engineering calculations, perform field observations, prepare develop or perform quality control review of 1D and 2D computer models for urban drainage analysis, floodplain mapping, watershed planning and closed conduit and open channel design. This individual must be competent in performing water resources engineering work and demonstrate a broad knowledge of hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design methods.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters.
- Works with external clients at progress meetings and throughout project to meet client needs, project schedules, goals and deadlines.
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules.
- Performs quality control and guidance of junior staff related to hydrologic/hydraulic models or methods.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- May manage or assist in the management of projects.
- May perform other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.