We are seeking a Class A CDL Driver with experience hauling and operating heavy highway equipment for a Heavy Highway Road & Bridge Company working in Houston and surrounding counties.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspection of trucks, trailers, and equipment.
- Transports equipment to job sites.
- Safely load/unload excavators, cranes, backhoes, loaders, motor graders, dozers.
- Must be able to safely operate dump truck and water truck.
- Works with hydraulic tools, hand tools, and electrical tools.
- Performs manual labor as needed to accomplish work and meet job accomplishment expectations.
- Responsible for keeping the work-site, vehicles, equipment and tools are safe, clean and ready for use.
- Must be flexible/work-ready to perform tasks for other departments/locations as may be required to meet needs.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Home Daily
- Life Insurance
- *Waiting period may apply
- CDL - Class A
- 2 years experience as a CDL Driver with ability to operate heavy equipment
- Minimum 2 years experience within the road construction industry
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must pass a physical and drug/alcohol test
- Physical Demands:
- Working in ALL weather conditions.
- Working extended hours.
- Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, standing and / or walking.
Forde Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.