We are seeking a friendly teammate with a background in freight and logistics!
$50,000 / year DOE
- Works with scheduling/processing outgoing freight shipments.
- Assists in the organization and coordination of the quality, costs, and lead-time of shipments.
- Make sure all shipment paperwork is completed correctly.
- Ensures accurate document filing is maintained.
- Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Works with the Warehouse Manager to ensure the proper personnel are in place to accomplish daily freight shipping activities.
- Ensures that shipping transactions are accurately entered in QB/Excel and that the proper forms/paperwork are scanned and filed.
- Assists in creating and maintaining Freight procedures and work.
- Research any shipping issues.
- Notifies the customer in a timely manner should there be a problem with any shipment.
- Works directly with customers to ensure continued satisfaction and a sustained relationship, by providing accurate and timely processing of orders from input through delivery.
The position entails answering multiple phone calls (often at the same time) and handling all facets of day-to-day customer service, including but not limited to: entering orders, receiving payments, and communicating with the accounting department and warehouse.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand and develop knowledge of customers, performance criteria, products and inventories.
- Work with Branch Manager and Warehouse staff on inventory accuracy, customer communications, billing issues, scheduling of in-bound/outbound customers.
- Enter data regarding inventory shipments, orders, goods in/out, accurately into the software system, schedule deliveries/shipments, arrange for incoming and outgoing product and adjust inventory levels accordingly.
- Understands Bill of Ladings, Delivery Orders, rate confirmations, etc.
Benefits (Waiting Period May Apply):
- Paid holidays
- Vacation Time
- YOU MUST enjoy assisting customers on the phone with a professional phone manner.
- YOU ARE An energetic, self-motivated individual with the following skills:
- A knack for efficient multitasking
- Experience in providing customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Entering orders into QuickBooks accurately
- Proficient Use of Microsoft Word and Excel a must
- 3 years of relevant working experience