Assists in the day-to-day operations of assigned strategic sales account by performing the following duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes incoming purchase order requests and order processing from strategic accounts as directed by the Strategic Account Supervisor
- Assists account customers and retail store employees over the phone or through other means of communication with product questions and purchases. Provides information to customers, retail employees, and co-workers about product usage, availability and application
- Assists Strategic Account Supervisor with account issues and complaints as needed. May assist retail sales employees at the store level in resolving account issues including delivery or product warranty issues. Keeps Strategic Account Supervisor informed of pricing or service issues at various jobsites related to the assigned accounts
- May assist with other assigned duties of the Department as delegated by the Strategic Account Supervisor, such as: ordering product and material for retail stores, assisting retail stores with inventory management related to account orders, and compliance with designed file control and audit systems for customer files, etc
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position
- Attends and participates in all store meetings and company-sponsored management programs as required
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to nine months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Word & Excel, IBM Content Manager, and other software applications at a basic level
- Prior experience in the retail building supply industry
- Working knowledge of building supply and/or agricultural product lines and their usage
- Knowledge and understanding of reading and interpreting blueprints and structural designs, including calculating necessary information for bid and quote submittals to customers
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
McCoy’s is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department.