Assigns motor vehicles and drivers for the transportation and delivery of product by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsibility for coordinating all activities associated with the coordination of deliveries to jobsites:
- Logs all jobsite orders
- Contacts retail location and/or CSR’s to confirm delivery date to jobsite
- Coordinates with Production Control to release order
- Distributes paperwork for orders to get pulled and staged
- Ensures all product has been scanned prior to loading
- Addresses backorders with appropriate supervisors
- Issues invoices for each drop to drivers
- Notifies Retail stores of delivery
- Verifies pictures in Elite of product staged at jobsites, addresses unacceptable images with drivers
- Assures all driver are current in necessary certifications and training
- Answers store telephone to answer customer questions about product shipped and/or jobsite delivery
- Interfaces with customers and other employees regarding jobsite loads or locate missing, misrouted, delayed or damaged merchandise. Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries
- Builds and maintains customer relationships
- Maintains record of mileage, fuel used, repairs made, and other expenses related to jobsite deliveries
- Establishes service or delivery routes
- Issues equipment to drivers such as Elite tablets and load straps
- Assigns helpers to drivers if needed
- Assists outside sales representative(s) and commercial sales support with delivery or load information
- Complies with all company safety standards
- Follows Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position
- Attends store meetings and training sessions as needed
May directly oversee 1 to 15 employees in the delivery and load-building areas of the facility depending on volume. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning and assigning work.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must have current driver's license and be able to meet the driver eligibility guidelines for the Company
- Must successfully pass all Company training regarding equipment usage, including obtaining the forklift certification
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
McCoy’s is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department.