Assists the management team of the retail store in supervising the day-to-day operations of the sales floor and lumber yard, in addition to their regularly required job duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists store management in overseeing store and yard operations when opening, operating, or closing the retail store location. Ensures completion of daily opening and closing procedures, assigned tasks and duties, and customer service by other employees. May be directly responsible for overall operation of certain areas of the facility as delegated by store management, such as: merchandising, inventory management, proper signage and price labeling, and compliance with control and audit systems
- Reviews and verifies merchandise returns. Ensures that proper return procedures are followed
- Ensures that subordinate staff is addressed in a basic manner regarding store management’s performance and attendance expectations. Keeps management informed of employee performance, attendance or conduct issues when management is away from the store
- Ensures that employees follow established policies and procedures as listed in the Standard Operating Procedures, including that proper security measures are in place and carried out by subordinate staff. This includes compliance with all company safety standards. May occasionally respond to after-hours alarm calls at the store location
- May assist with other assigned job duties and responsibilities in the store
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MISCELLANEOUS:
- Assists customers in the store, over the phone, or through other means of communication with product questions and purchases. Provides information to customers and co-workers about product usage, availability and application
- Listens to and resolves customer service complaints. Assists other retail sales employees in resolving customer complaints. Informs store management or personnel of any customer complaints or requests in a timely manner
- Operates cash register, when necessary, accurately and efficiently to ensure customer satisfaction
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position.
- Attends and participates in all store meetings and company-sponsored management programs as required
- May directly supervise 5-20 subordinate employees in the retail facility. Assists in the overall direction and coordination of these employees
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; assigning and directing work; addressing basic employee performance issues; addressing employee complaints and resolving conflict
- High school diploma or general education degree; and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to effectively communicate in a second language in some regions of the company
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to utilize company point-of-sale system (MAC21), Microsoft Word & Excel, and other 3rd party software applications at a basic level
- Meets Company driving and licensing requirements for equipment and vehicles
- Must successfully pass all Company training regarding equipment usage, including obtaining the forklift certification
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 to 10 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
McCoy’s is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department.