?Assists customers, obtains or receives merchandise, and processes transactions for customers in retail store
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates cash register accurately and efficiently to ensure customer satisfaction
- Completes company documents or forms, determines charges for products requested, collects deposits, prepares orders and delivery records, and completes merchandise returns as required
- Maintains customer transaction tickets at the register in an organized and efficient manner
- Assists customers by phone or in person by responding to requests for orders or information on products or services, including price, and in some circumstances, use of products
- Greets customers when they enter the retail store. May direct or assist customers to the location of where product is located in the store or lumberyard
- Listens to and resolves customer service complaints or requests when appropriate. Requests assistance from other retail sales employees or management in resolving customer complaints when necessary. Informs store management or other personnel of any customer complaints or requests in a timely manner
- May be directly responsible for maintaining inventory and product displays within assigned area in regard to merchandising standards by stocking, facing, straightening, and cleaning or any other task necessary to maintain appearance of products. This can include re-stocking returned products properly
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures when carrying out position responsibilities
- Attends and participates in all store meetings, training sessions, and company-sponsored programs as required
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to utilize company point-of-sale system (MAC21), Microsoft Word & Excel, and other 3rd party software applications at a basic level
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
McCoy’s is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department.