Hiring Produce Department Managers to start ASAP!
Salary position starting at 39,500/year & up, depending on skills and experience.
If you have grocery, warehouse, or shift supervisor experience; apply for one of our manager openings today! RD Managers are responsible for receiving product and ensure that aisles/produce bins/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is provided.
In the role of Produce Manager, he/she will oversee the Assistant Produce Manager (if applicable), Produce Supervisors (if applicable) and Stockers to assure that the Produce Department is operating in a manner that adheres to company standards. Ensure proper customer service and work to develop relationships with large customers. Supervise and works alongside Assistant Floor Manager, Floor Supervisors and Stockers.
Job Duties include:
- Develop schedules, monitor performance and recommend the proper discipline as appropriate.Interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Train employees in job responsibilities and safe operating proceduresEnsures that employees are performing the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP audits.
- Review inventory product on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervise the receiving of products and ensure that the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintain accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Supervises the ordering of products from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due to spoilage and not have too much fresh produce inventory on hand.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
- Follow our program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets and cleaning underneath.
- Ensures that excess inventory not slotted on the floor is stacked in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored in freezers/refrigerators.
- Make sure that low stock/out of stock information is communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking the system and rack for product.
- Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies, proper holding power, space allocation) and creatively merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
- Perform weekly self audits on the perishable department.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Competitive Industry Pay
- Must pass drug screen
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
- Have good math and people skills
AA or Bachelor’s Degree, OR a high school diploma/GED -with at least 2-3 years work experience. MUST have the Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public. Computer Literacy is also a MUST! Know how to calculate figures, and amounts such as: discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass & volume. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
Restaurant Depot gives Veterans the opportunity to work and is an equal opportunity employer, VOW & EOE.