Winchman Ship Gear Operator
Gulf Stream Marine
$19.00 / Hour
Skilled & Trades
- Perform all functions in accordance with operation and safety
- Inspect all equipment before use to ensure is safe to
- Report any gear found to be unsafe to the Vessel Superintendent, Walking and/or Gang
- Operate Ship's Gear Crane, carrying a high volume of production, loading and unloading cargo, and containers in a safe and efficient manner, without the risk of damaging or harming the crane, equipment, cargo, vessel, wharf, and
- Conduct and follow crane hand signals with flagman when performing the loading and discharge of cargo and containers.
- Maintain communication with personnel throughout operation in accordance with cargo handling
- Inform supervisor immediately if detect any damages and/or spoiled cargo before loading
- Maintain a clean work area, free of debris or safety hazards and awareness of surroundings (i.e. vehicles, people checking equipment, ) at all times.
- Perform other assigned duties as assigned.
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Basic Life Insurance
- 401k and Company Match
- Red Wings Boots Voucher
- TWIC Card Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- GSMU Training and Development Programs
- Valid TWIC Card
- Valid State Issued ID or Driver License
- Ability to pass a 10-panel drug screen
- Must have a minimum of (2) two years of industry related experience operating ship's gear crane equipment.
- Must have (1) one year experience operating heavy equipment such as the 9K, 30K or 52K forklift.
- Must have advanced knowledge understanding flagging signals used in cargo handling.
- Must possess Forklift Certification.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak Basic English.
- Must have the ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment.
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision and strong initiative.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Subject to physical and/or DOT Screening is required along with other tests as applicable
- Employee must be able to work in high
- Employee is continuously required to sit (while driving), grasp and exercise eye-hand coordination and eye- hand-foot coordination.
- Employee is frequently required to reach forward, exercise repetitive foot and wrist motion and finger
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their
- Employee is frequently required to talk and
- Employees are occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, bend-forward, squat, twist, and reach-overhead.
- Employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, push and pull up to 55
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
Apply NowApply Now