A driver in the PreFlight Airport Parking market is responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of customers to and from an off-airport parking facility/lot and the airport terminals. This position reports to the Shift or General Manager of the off-airport parking operation.
Shifts: AM/PM Flexible
Full-Time Benefits available!!
- Transports customers by shuttle bus to and from the off-airport parking facility to the airport terminals.
- Greets passengers at the parking facility/lot and helps with baggage loading and unloading.
- Provides optimal service in greeting customers, explaining the shuttle services that are provided, and responding to customer needs in a professional and courteous manner (ex. Providing directions/route information, helping people with disabilities).
- Operates the shuttle bus in a safe and efficient manner and complies with all traffic and safety regulations.
- Communicate with dispatchers, drivers and other employees using a two-way radio system (according to facility guidelines) to communicate routes, announcing arrivals, coordinating the pick-up of customers, calling delays, requesting emergency maintenance/repairs or handling other vehicle or customer issues that arise.
- Conducts pre/post trip inspections of the buses at the beginning and end of shift to ensure sound operating conditions (ex. Checking lights, tires, mirrors, fuel and oil levels, body damage, etc.)
- Immediately reports any delays, accidents, hazards, maintenance requirements, vehicle deficiencies or any other unusual occurrences to the supervisor.
- Remain vigilant for anything unusual or potentially threatening and inform management immediately.
- Monitor work area and property for safety and security.
- Reports any accidents, hazards or maintenance requirements, and the presence of any suspicious individuals or activities immediately to a manager.
- Recognize potentially dangerous situations and respond in the safest and most effective manner.
- Participate in all safety and security training within the market.
- Cleans and washes buses at the end of each shift.
- When directed, may be required to perform cashier duties or light vehicle maintenance duties such as cleaning windows inside of the bus, emptying waste containers, and sweeping the bus.
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Ability to drive an automatic transmission vehicle.
- Possess math skills sufficient to calculate time and money.
- You must be 21 years or older.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Some state and/or airport regulations require that a Driver have a valid Chauffeur's license or a valid Driver’s License from the state in which he or she works.
- Must pass a basic math skills test as part of the selection process.
- Must be willing to submit to a drug test, background investigation and MVR/Driving Record check as part of the selection process.
- You must be willing to take a physical as part of the selection process as required by airport or state regulations.
- Must be willing to work at an off-airport parking facility in a Phoenix, Arizona location.
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors at times in order to maintain/clean shuttle buses and will be exposed to weather elements in driving and performing cleaning/maintenance duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must possess hearing and vision faculties sufficient to perform essential functions.
- Ability to walk up and down steps, bend, stoop, turn, and pivot in order to get in and out of the shuttle bus.
- Ability to grasp, push, scoop, and lift up to 50 pounds as needed.