MUST HAVE TWIC & HEAVY HAULING EXPERIENCE. THIS IS NOT AN OVER THE ROAD POSITION.
This position is responsible for operating terminal yard trucks and assisting with the loading and discharging of cargo within the facility.
- Perform pre-shift mechanical inspection of the assigned company truck (yard mule) and immediately report any deficiencies.
- Operate yard trucks and ensure cargo is properly secure for transport
- Loading and unloading breakbulk cargo, containers and steel/pipe using standard equipment such as flatbed trailers, pipe trailers, open top containers, and moffets.
- Couple and uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air and electrical lines.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Maintain logs of loads and submit accurate daily shift activity
- Maintain a clean work area, free of debris or safety hazards at all times
- Perform other duties such as general labor, as assigned.
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Basic Life Insurance
- 401k and Company Match
- Red Wings Boots Voucher
- TWIC Card Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- GSMU Training and Development Programs
- Must have three (3) years driving a mule jockey or tractor trailer driving experience
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to accurately process alpha/numeric characters
- Must have the ability to function effectively in a fast paced work environment
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision and strong initiative.
- Must be able to work extended hours including nights, overtime and weekends