Assist in development and maintenance of software for interactive retail store systems
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs or writes program specifications based on consultations with supervisor, systems analysts, other programmers, and end users
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code. Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs
- Revises program for corrections, enhancements, or system environment changes
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use and support program
- Must exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills in order to effectively troubleshoot issues and maintain operations in relative assigned areas of application support department
- Effectively adjusts to multiple, fast changing priorities in order to accomplish goals and meet project deadlines.
- Exhibits interpersonal skills and communication by working cooperatively with other departments with in the company to complete jobs from request database in a timely fashion.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Associate’s degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to utilize working knowledge of UNIX and shell programming
- Ability to utilize working knowledge and experience with interactive COBOL compilers such as RM/COBOL, ACUCOBOL, or MicroFocus COBOL
- Ability to utilize one to two years experience of hands-on programmer/analyst business application development
- Retail Industry application experience preferred
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
- This position requires occasional travel with overnight stays
- Must meet driver’s license requirements as required by the Company
- Must be able to legally obtain a rental vehicle in all states in which the company does business
- Must have current auto liability insurance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, or touch, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift 10 –20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
McCoy’s is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department.