Follow routine cleaning and maintenance procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness and efficiency of building operations and grounds. Work days, evenings or nights as requested
Tuesday, August 3rd 2021
North Shore 10th Grade Center
353 N.Castlegory Dr. #3
Houston, Texas 77049
- Minimal Education/Certification:
- Ability to read and understand verbal instructions in English for cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures
- Must be able to pass test of skill and mechanical aptitude to detect equipment malfunctions for safety to self and others
- Ability to lift and carry 45 pounds without assistance
- Properly handle cleaning supplies
- Abilities to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance on cleaning equipment.
Substitute in GPISD as a custodian for 3 to 6 months or other acceptable experience as approved by the Custodial Supervisor.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain a program of preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health and safety of students and staff.
- Assume the responsibility for opening and closing the building each school day.
- Establish procedures for locking, checking and safeguarding facilities.
- Check daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
- Develop and maintain a cleaning schedule that will include the cleaning of floors, chalkboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, laundry and restrooms.
- Keep the school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots and play areas neat and clean.
- Observe and inform supervisor of safety hazards
- Comply with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash.
- Report major repairs needed to the supervisor.
- Inspect and maintain machines and equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Move furniture or equipment within the building as directed by the supervisor.
- Follow all safety codes and standards.
- Ensure that quality workmanship is exhibited.
- Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
- Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
- Is punctual and dependable.
- Exhibit professionalism and courtesy to fellow workers, other department members, teachers, students and parents.
- Complete timesheet as required by supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
20” rotos, automatic floor machines, carpet extractors, commercial vacuums, wet/dry
vacuums, 24 oz. wet mops, large wringers, tools, and other equipment as training.
- Mental Demands:
- Ability to communicate
Physical Demands / Environmental Factors:
- Strenuous walking, standing and/or climbing; some reaching above shoulders; some stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling required daily; heavy lifting of objects weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Work is done outside and inside; exposure to hot/humid and cold temperatures; exposure to dust, toxic chemicals and materials; slippery or uneven walking surfaces; work on ladders; work alone.
- Regular attendance.