To transport students to and from school and on trips in a safe manner
Tuesday, August 3rd 2021
North Shore 10th Grade Center
353 N.Castlegory Dr. #3
Houston, Texas 77049
- Minimum Education/Certification:
- CDL with Air Brake, Passenger and S Endorsement
- State of Texas School Bus Drivers Certification
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Must be Insurable by the District
Special Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working with school age children helpful
- In-house training in working with students with special needs
- Trained in securing wheelchairs
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Safely transport students to and from school or on trips
- Assist special needs students while loading, riding, and unloading school bus. NOTE: Bus Aide will assume this duty; however, the driver is responsible and is to observe and assist if necessary.
- Oversee the safety and discipline management of the students while loading, riding and unloading the school bus.
- Maintain basic operations of the bus.
- Conduct all required bus inspections in a thorough manner.
- Complete all required forms as specified in the Department Handbook
- Participate in bus evacuations and supervise bus captain training.
- Attend all safety meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Wheelchair lift and buss supplied safety equipment
- Student Safety Vests
- Wheelchair tie-down straps
- Mental Demands:
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Occasional heavy lifting, stooping, bending or kneeling and constant sitting
- Exposure to seasonal weather changes
- Regular attendance