$1000 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
This position provides direct and indirect resident care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse. Assists residents with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, comfort, and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for all residents. Responsible for providing care and handling residents in a safe and compassionate manner.
- 6am-2pm (Full-time)
- 2pm-10pm (Full-time)
Differential pay for 2pm-10pm shift and weekend shift
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Practice standard precautions with all resident care.
- Perform all tasks as assigned by charge nurse and reports incomplete duties promptly.
- Greet newly admitted residents with a pleasant disposition. Convey a calm and attentive approach while welcoming residents to the facility. Ensure the new resident is comfortable and has hydration available (if permitted).
- Assists the resident in unpacking belongings and complete the inventory sheet. Label the items as needed. Explain the laundry process and post the correct laundry sign in the designated location. Demonstrate the use of the call bell, bed controls, TV, TV remote, and room lighting. Explain the admission process, basic facility routines (therapy, bathing, dining). If permitted, take the resident and/or family on a brief tour of the facility. If there is a roommate, assist in the introductions.
- If a resident or family member expressed any concerns, direct the information to the appropriate person for prompt resolution of the issue.
- If able to address the concern, do so promptly and follow-up with the resident and/or family to ensure satisfaction.
- Make sure all empty rooms are clean and prepped for new admissions.
- Check resident names outside of the doors for accuracy and correct as needed.
- Assist with resident room changes by packing and unpacking belongings, changing door names, changing laundry signs, and resident orientation to the new room and roommate.
- Accompany transport driver as requested.
- Assist with packing and labeling resident belongings for discharge as assigned.
- Answer all resident call lights, anticipate resident needs, and conduct routine resident-rounds.
- Help with the dining process for all residents as requested.
- Assist residents with standard ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living) to include: bathing, toileting/bed pan, transfers, bed mobility, turning and repositioning, peri-care, grooming, dressing, changing bed linens, applying/utilizing specialized equipment, etc. per the individualized plan of care.
- Ensure residents remain clean, have clean dentures in place, hearing aids in or stored appropriately, clean eyeglasses on, prosthetic limbs/devices in place, dressed appropriately, clothes are in good repair, and dressed appropriate to temperature/season.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance