Come work & make great money in Alaska! Westward Seafoods and Alyeska Seafoods are recruiting for Seasonal Seafood Processors for our two shore-based plants located in Dutch Harbor, Alaska. We are looking for people to start immediately for the Season. When you enter your information or apply with your resume you will be contacted by a recruiter or hiring manager. Note: You will need to apply and attend a Virtual Interview.
We provide the World with Seafood! WSI processes several species of seafood including Pollock, Crab, Pacific Cod, Halibut and Sablefish. Production employees process raw product that is delivered from fishing vessels to sell to customers. Processors can be assigned various positions within the production dpt. such as: butchering, sorting, filleting, and case-up. Processors are also required to participate in plant clean-up, and other duties as assigned.
**Due to COVID-19 there is a mandatory quarantine upon arrival. Further explanation will be discussed during your interview.**
All WSI employees are required to wear protective safety gear where required and are responsible for promoting and maintaining a safe working environment for self and others.
- Housing, Meals & Transportation to/from point of hire provided
- ONLY $15 a day for room & board, automatically deducted from your paycheck.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, and must pass a post-offer drug screen and physical
- Must be able to stand and work for long hours in an often wet and cold environment
- Must be prepared to work 7 days a week for up to 18 hours per day
- Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have a basic understanding of English & the ability to follow written or oral instructions Must be able to climb stairs, and stand and walk on uneven and slippery surfaces
- Must be willing to work any shift, including nights
- Must be able to walk quickly to designated areas in the event of an emergency
- Must be able to follow emergency instructions
- All WSI employees must be willing to work and live in a multi-cultural environment
WSI has a zero tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol.
Westward Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation during the hiring process.