Are you an Electrician that would like to get out of the field and make a career changing lives? Do you get satisfaction from helping people make their dreams come true? If this sounds like you, the Electrical Instructor position at Tulsa Welding School and Technology Center Jacksonville, FL is the job you have been looking for!
You would join a team committed to making our student’s experience as impactful as possible, and spread a little excitement along the way. We are looking for an individual with a positive attitude and great work ethic. You will have to work hard, but you will reap the rewards of truly changing lives. Day shift, Night sift Monday- Friday available, reduced hours with great pay!
- Motivate students by demonstrating professionalism, enthusiasm, sensitivity for their concerns. Actively involve them in classroom discussions and/or activities. Identify different student learning styles and adjust accordingly.
- Maintains accurate record keeping as it applies to student attendance and grades.
- Manages tools assigned to the classroom.
- Issues, inspects, repairs, and teaches proper handling of tools.
- Communicate, support and enforce school policies and procedures; advise students accordingly. Advise students on attendance, grades and discipline issues as necessary.
- Ensures an ethical and fair testing environment during periods of testing.
- Responsible to maintaining classroom equipment through evaluation, inspection, parts ordering, and repair.
- Maintains a working field knowledge through continuing education.
- Conforms to prescribed methods of record keeping as directed by supervisory staff.
- Demonstrates continuing professional development of technical expertise and as an instructor.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why Should You Work For Us?
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- 401(k) employer match
- Short & Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Basic Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Your Birthday off - Company Paid
- 10 Paid holidays
- 2 weeks PTO- 1st yr.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance, and other optional insurance plans
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About Tulsa Welding School:
Tulsa Welding School was founded in 1949 by two welders who recognized a strong demand for skilled tradesman in their industry. Over 60 years later, TWS has evolved into an educational institution that prepares students for various skilled trade careers with a multitude of specialties and applications. We train our graduates for the skills, knowledge, and the workplace attitudes that are essential when entering the professional world.
Tulsa Welding School (TWS) has locations in Tulsa, Oklahoma; Jacksonville, Florida; and Houston, Texas. TWS in Jacksonville, Florida, which is a branch campus of Tulsa Welding School in Tulsa, started training students in November 2001. Tulsa Welding School & Technology Center (TWSTC) in Houston, Texas, which is also a branch campus of Tulsa Welding School in Tulsa, Oklahoma, started training students in December 2014. Our training programs were designed to meet employers’ needs by providing our students with the technical competencies as required and are based on industry feedback. Our instructors are industry experienced professionals who instruct their students in the techniques and skills needed by employers.
Integrity, Communication, Accountability, Respect, Excellence (“I CARE”)