Do you get satisfaction from helping people make their dreams come true? If this sounds like you, the Welding Instructor position at Tulsa Welding School in Jacksonville, FL is the job you have been looking for!
You would join a team committed to making our student’s experience as impactful as possible, and spread a little excitement along the way. We are looking for an individual with a positive attitude and great work ethic. You will have to work hard, but you will reap the rewards of truly changing lives.
The Welding Instructor administers lessons according to a pre-developed lesson plan, and then Leads students through practical application of those lessons.
- Maintain accurate record keeping as it applies to student attendance and grades.
- Create and maintain a safe environment at all times.
- Manage tools assigned to the classroom and issue, inspect, repair, and teach proper handling of tools.
- Maintain control of student activities and ensure compliance of school policies and rules.
- Ensure an ethical and fair testing environment during periods of testing.
- Maintain classroom equipment through evaluation, inspection, parts ordering, and repair.
- Constantly evaluate curriculum to ensure relevance and maintain a working field knowledge through continuing education.
- Conform to prescribed methods of record keeping as directed by supervisory staff.
- Communicate promptly regarding supplies, tools or other essentials for students in the classroom.
- Demonstrate continuing professional development of technical expertise and as an instructor.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why Should You Work For Us?
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- 401(k) employer match
- Short & Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Basic Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Your Birthday off - Company Paid
- 10 Paid holidays
- 2 weeks PTO- 1st yr.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance, and other optional insurance plans
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About Tulsa Welding School & Technology Center:
Tulsa Welding School (TWS) has locations in Tulsa, Oklahoma; Jacksonville, Florida; and Houston, Texas. TWS in Tulsa, Oklahoma, has trained individuals for professional, entry level careers since January 1949. TWS in Jacksonville, Florida, which is a branch campus of Tulsa Welding School in Tulsa, started training students in November 2001. Tulsa Welding School & Technology Center (TWSTC) in Houston, Texas, which is also a branch campus of Tulsa Welding School in Tulsa, Oklahoma, started training students in December 2014. Our training programs were designed to meet employers’ needs by providing our students with the technical competencies as required and are based on industry feedback. Our instructors are industry experienced professionals who instruct their students in the techniques and skills needed by employers.
We train our graduates for the skills, knowledge, and the workplace attitudes that are essential when entering the professional world. Graduates who put forth the dedication, commitment to excel, and workplace experience in their welding, HVAC/R or electrical education, have the potential to obtain a lasting and rewarding career.
StrataTech Education Group specializes in the operation of skilled trade schools. Led by industry veterans, we understand the realities of the career school industry. StrataTech Education Group’s first acquisition was Tulsa Welding School (TWS) in 2008. TWS has locations in Tulsa, OK, Jacksonville, FL, and Houston, TX. In November 2009, The Refrigeration School, Inc. (RSI) was acquired and is located in Phoenix, AZ. StrataTech seeks to deliver an excellent return on investment for both our students and our investors.
StrataTech Core Values:
Integrity, Communication, Accountability, Respect, Excellence (“I CARE”)