The Department Lead must provide overall leadership in the Manufacturing activities for the areas assigned consistent with the policies and procedures outlined in Leedo's CMS. This person will lead by example showing a positive and consistent attitude, making impartial, and fair decisions with all employees enforcing all company policies and standards. The Lead will assist the supervisor in driving the Control Management System (CMS) which places controls in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost and will support Leedo's PERFORM through continuous improvement and process development initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure Safety and Housekeeping standards are met on a daily basis as outlined in the department Safety Details
- Ensure department quality standards and inspection frequency are followed on a daily basis as outlined in the Quality Details.
- Ensure department schedules are completed on time per established run rate as outlined in the Delivery Details
- Ensure cooperation with other departments to achieve completion of scheduled assembly
- Manage resources (Labor & Materials) for the most efficient operation as outlined in CMS documentation
- Understand and effectively communicate the roles and responsibilities outline in CMS for every work center in the department, and fill in as required
- Assist supervisor with new-hire/cross-training of CMS documentation and OJT
- Act as the lead for supervisors when he/she is out.
- Ensure metrics for team and individual performance in SQDC are recorded accurately and timely.
- Ensure completion of action items assigned to department employees
- Complete Daily Lead Checklist, related CMS documentation and end of shift communication
- Ensure all PPW issues are collected and submitted to Supervisor according to SCH-PR-0015
- Successfully execute exceptions to production schedules as assigned by Department Supervisor
- Competitive Compensation
- Promotions from Within
Traditional Benefits, including:
- Medical with Prescription
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Term Life/AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Life
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Investment