The Fleet Manager supports the company by efficiently and effectively handling the administrative and analytical functions related to company fleet (company vehicles and trailers) and equipment management and maintenance. Assists all departments by administering, analyzing, and effectively communicating current and new processes related to company fleet and equipment. This position will also be responsible for managing the in-house equipment mechanic.
1. Fleet Management – this position is responsible for ensuring all vehicles, including trailers, in the fleet are current on registrations, insurance, recalls, and basic maintenance.
- Facilitate company vehicle accident procedures and documentation.
- Leadership in annual evaluation of fleet for retirement
- Manage dealer relationships, parts pricing, and “end of life” process to assure high level of service & successful residual value at “end of life.”
- Developing new procedures that will allow fleet and equipment management more efficiently.
2. Equipment Maintenance – This position oversees the crew maintenance on landscape equipment, as necessary by the manufacturers’ recommended maintenance guidelines.
- Will manage daily activities of the in-house equipment mechanic(s).
- Oversee landscape equipment maintenance at designated shop.
- Develop retirement/future needs equipment list for budgeting purposes.
3. Inventory Management – This position oversees the inventory and is responsible for updating the inventory sheets for the crews. Additionally, this position oversees the inventory and controls the purchasing needed for the crews.
4. Warehouse Organization – this position oversees the cleanliness and organization of our Central and North location.
5. Ensuring Safety– this position is responsible for conducting monthly safety inspections for all company vehicles, trailers, and equipment.
- Responsible for communicating and assisting in coordinating vehicle maintenance with all company staff to ensure operating safely.
6. Employee Pre-Onboarding- Test potential applicants for truck, trailer and equipment knowledge before applicant is hired to ensure proper, safe practices.
7. Miscellaneous Office Projects – This position also serves to assist the office team with miscellaneous tasks (such storage unit trips, and various “handy man” type items).
This job operates in a professional office and warehouse environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and scanners. This role also includes routine use of lawn maintenance equipment (mowers, edgers, weedeaters, etc), trucks, trailers, forklifts, and pallet jacks.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a salaried full-time position. This position begins at 6:45 AM, Monday through Friday at the North Location. The total hours include time in the office, field, and at home answering calls. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Changes in work hours will be at sole discretion of direct supervisor. Position is based on completion of work, not hours worked. Some weekend and after-hours work are required pending season and job status.
- PTO – UP TO 88 hours
- Paid Holidays
- Referral Bonus Program