Outside Sales Rep CSR
McCoy's Building Supply
San Antonio, TX
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned area to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers by phone.
- Ensures quality customer service through personal interaction with contractor and retail customers.Personally handles large volume customer accounts as required and assigned.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of product application to assist customers in selecting product for their business. Coordinates product training or demonstrations for customers as needed.
- Establishes, reviews, and reports market activity, market penetration, pricing, margins, selling approaches and itineraries to management. Makes product recommendations for inclusion in product line.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Manages and monitors credit for all new and current Customers including set-up of accounts, changes to accounts and involvement in collection. May be required to assist in the collection of delinquent or default accounts.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's and supplier's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales and commercial sales support to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Assists with developing monthly, quarterly and annual plans in conjunction with Store, Regional, or Commercial Sales Manager to meet store goals for volume and profitability.
- Monitors and tracks product levels of inventory of product in the store to ensure customer’s needs are met. Notifies Store Inventory Coordinator or management when new orders are needed.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Works with and through corporate, regional and store management and employees to facilitate efficient delivery of product and service to commercial customers
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries, product quality or service
- Estimates product quantities for prospective jobs and develops competitive pricing bids to solicit sales
- Travels to and attends trade shows
- Attends store meetings and training sessions as required
McCoy’s is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Apply NowApply Now