Maintains records concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, and equipment. Conducts audits in order to maintain inventory data integrity. Analyzes merchandise statistics to assist in achieving facility inventory and financial goals by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles and reviews data from sources such as purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and accounting reports to determine compliance with control and audit systems. Enters information into computer to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, or other records accuracy.
- Conducts accurate cycle and security counts as per schedule and compares results to system data. Makes adjustments based on established policies and management approval.
- Compiles stock control records and information such as consumption rate, characteristics of items in inventory, and current market conditions to determine inventory levels and need for replenishment. Analyzes and makes recommendations to facility management regarding stock levels, item status and product disposition.
- Prepares requisitions, orders, or other documents for purchasing or requisitioning new or additional stock items. Recommends additions to or deletions of product to management..
- Compares nomenclature, stock numbers, authorized substitutes, and other listed information with catalogs, manuals, parts lists, and similar references to verify accuracy of requisitions and shipping orders. Communicates changes needed to Inventory Management, MIS, or appropriate department.
- Reviews product tagging and signage for accuracy and completeness and initiates corrective action.
- Works with and through corporate, store, and yard personnel in order to maintain accuracy and compliance with control and audit systems.
- Provides information to customers and co-workers about product usage, availability and application when necessary.
- Maintains inventory and displays within assigned area to merchandising standards by stocking, facing, straightening, and cleaning or any other task necessary to maintain appearance and salability of items.
- Researches discrepancies on store orders and recommends solutions.
- Attends all store meetings and training sessions.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires high school education; and one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret bar graphs.
- Basic computer skills including experience with word processing, spreadsheets and point-of-sale systems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management.
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
McCoy’s is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department.