Provide quality technical support for Point of Sale Hardware, PC Hardware and PC Software to internal customers. Provide first level support for LAN and WAN equipment to all locations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide professional technical support to corporate and store employees over the telephone, via email and in person
- Completes the installation, testing and setup of PC equipment in workstations
- Provide technical support for computers, peripherals and hardware to include replacing hardware and cabling in workstations
- Provide technical support and maintenance for corporate headquarters and store printers, copiers and fax machines
- Research, resolve and respond to technical problems and questions to all users
- Document all calls in our call tracking system
- Escalate and notify proper individuals through established guidelines when unable to resolve an issue/problem at the first level
- Assist supervisor in additional projects and reporting
- Exercise proper phone etiquette and excellent communication skills
- Participate in the off-hour support rotation schedule to include Saturday coverage.
- Keep up to date with procedural and technology changes in the company
- Actively participate in team meetings and projects
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to average typing between 32 and 38 words per minute.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to utilize and maintain a strong working knowledge of PC and laptop hardware, MAC21, Windows 10 Operating Systems, MS Office 0365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), Sharepoint, Remote Access, and basic LAN Architecture and other 3rd party software applications at an intermediate-to-advanced level
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management.
- Must be regularly available and willing to work part time Monday through Friday or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift 10 –20 pounds, and occasionally be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment for this position may require the person to work near moving or mechanical parts. In this position there is a risk of electrical shock
McCoy’s is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department.