Ensures that millwork purchase orders are pulled & made ready for shipment to all millwork customers, including McCoy retail facilities & commercial contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Organizes and pulls millwork product together for proper shipment to millwork customers.
• Assists in inspecting millwork product for correct quantity and premium quality before shipment.
• Assists in stocking & organization of millwork product to designated areas of the warehouse.
• Loads & unloads merchandise and product for shipment on delivery trucks and vans.
• Ensures purchase orders are accurate before shipment.
• Ensures all millwork product & merchandise are packaged & wrapped properly for safe and efficient transportation.
• Assists in ensuring shipments are ready in accordance with shipping schedule.
• Attends all millwork meetings and training sessions as required by management.
• Follows Standard Operating Procedures of McCoy Corporation while carrying out responsibilities of the position.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the company.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems (involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations).
• Must successfully pass all Company training regarding equipment usage, including obtaining forklift certification.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level, as is determined by management.
• Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
• Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or week as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
• Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and to use their hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and to talk or her. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally required to work in wet or humid conditions, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold or heat, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
McCoy’s is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department.