Yard Crew Member
McCoy's Building Supply
General, Retail, Warehouse
- Answers questions, identifies and directs customer to building materials and supplies in the yard and warehouse.
- Cuts lumber, screening, glass, and related materials to size requested by customer.
- Operates forklift safely and effectively to load, unload and move materials in the yard and warehouse.
- Assists customer in loading purchased materials safely and accurately into customer's vehicle. Verifies load ticket to ensure accuracy with purchased materials.
- Follows established loading and ticket procedures as listed in the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Informs store management or personnel of any customer complaints or requests in a timely manner.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints.
- Loads product on to store delivery trucks for delivery and transfer.
- Moves materials and supplies from receiving area to yard or warehouse.
- Marks prices on merchandise signs or labels according to current system prices.
- Square stacks materials on display to maintain safe and orderly conditions in all areas on a daily basis.
- Covers exposed materials, when required, to prevent weather damage.
- Assists with unloading deliveries as needed.
- Performs routine safety check on forklifts according to company guidelines.
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the yard by keeping ground free of clutter including bands, chocks and trash.
- Maintains inventory and displays within assigned area to merchandising standards by stocking, facing, straightening, and cleaning or any other task necessary to maintain appearance and salability of items.
- Performs routine customer vehicle audits, when assigned, for loaded merchandise when customers are leaving the lumberyard by matching what has been loaded to what was purchased on the loading receipt.
- Complies with all company safety standards.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position.
- Attends all store meetings and training sessions.
McCoy’s is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Apply NowApply Now