McCoy's Building Supply
Management, Retail, Transportation
- Assigns vehicles according to factors such as length and purpose of trip, freight requirements and capacity and preference of delivery method.Coordinates efforts of delivery system in a manner that enhances achievement of facility goals for sales and profitability.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's and supplier's production and delivery schedules. Records time of departure, destination, cargo and expected time of return.Monitors equipment utilization and productivity.
- Issues keys, record sheets and bills of lading/invoice copies to drivers.Assures all drivers are current in necessary certifications and training.
- Investigates overdue vehicles and deliveries.
- Directs activities of drivers by two-way radio.
- Assists customers with product questions and purchases. Provides information to customers and co-workers about product usage, availability and application.
- Answers store telephone to answer customer questions about product availability and quote prices.
- Operates cash register, when necessary, accurately and efficiently to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Interfaces with customers and other employees to expedite loads or locate missing, misrouted, delayed or damaged merchandise. Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Tracks stock levels and notifies Store Inventory Coordinator or management when new orders are needed.
- Maintains inventory and displays within assigned area to merchandising standards by stocking, facing, straightening, and cleaning or any other task necessary to maintain appearance and salability of items.
- Maintains record of mileage, fuel used, repairs made and other expenses.
- Establishes service or delivery routes.
- Issues equipment to drivers such as hand-trucks, dollies and blankets.
- Assigns helpers to drivers if needed.
- Assists outside sales representative(s) and commercial sales support with customers as required
- Complies with all company safety standards.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position.
- Attends all store meetings and training sessions.
McCoy’s is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Apply NowApply Now