Supervises and performs activities related to receiving, stocking, pulling, loading, and delivering materials and maintaining yard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assigns job tasks to yard and delivery employees according to receiving and delivery schedules and customer traffic. Supervises employees in the accomplishment of assigned duties
- Assists customer in loading purchased materials safely and accurately into customer's vehicle. Verifies load ticket to ensure accuracy with purchased materials. Ensures that yard employees follow established loading and ticket procedures
- Unloads or oversees the unloading of incoming product and proper storage of product. Checks yard tickets to make certain product is correct by customer, type of product and quantity
- Ensures proper loading of merchandise to conformance of loading patterns, weight distribution requirements and to prevent shifting or damage to materials or products during transit
- Provides customer service for retail and contractor customers
- Answers questions, identifies and directs customer to building materials and supplies in the yard and warehouse.
- Organizes yard layout according to existing product needs
- Oversees yard inventory and notifies Store Inventory Coordinator or management so that inventory may be adjusted accordingly when necessary
- Communicates company policies to employees and assists in facilitating training and compliance
- Establishes or adjusts work schedules to meet payroll parameters in the operation of the yard while maintaining customer service levels
- Recommends measures to improve productivity, reduce losses, maximize equipment performance, and improve quality of service
- Listens to and resolves service complaints. Assist other yard employees in resolving customer complaints. Informs store management or personnel of any customer complaints or requests in a timely manner
- Work with and through managers and other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual areas
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the yard by keeping ground free of clutter including bands, chocks and trash. Ensures work areas are clear of trash, weeds and other obstacles to allow customers to shop easily and safely and provides a safe work environment
- Maintains inventory and displays within assigned area to merchandising standards by stocking, facing, straightening, and cleaning or any other task necessary to maintain appearance and salability of items. Ensures that yard employees cover exposed materials, when required, to prevent weather damage
- Ensures that yard employees square stack materials on display to maintain safe and orderly conditions in all areas on a daily basis
- Completes required inspections and forms to comply with fleet maintenance program. Ensures maintenance is performed on vehicles as needed. Maintains vehicle and equipment records
- Completes duties and responsibilities of forklift operators and truck drivers as needed
- Complies with and ensures that all yard employees comply with company safety standards
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position
- Attends all store meetings and training sessions
Directly supervises 4-12 employees in the yard. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, making hiring recommendations, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; making recommendations as to reward and/or discipline employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school diploma or general education degree; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to effectively communicate in a second language in some regions of the company
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Meets Company driving and licensing requirements for equipment and vehicles
- Must successfully pass all Company training regarding equipment usage, including obtaining the forklift certification
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least hours 8 per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
McCoy’s is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department.