Team drivers needed for run from Houston terminal to Edmonton, Alberta Canada. $0.76 per mile (split) plus $0.06 per mile quarterly safety bonus (split). 4600 miles per week.
This is a linehaul driving position.
Drives tractor and trailer combination or straight truck to transport cargo freight.
May pick-up, load, unload, and deliver cargo freight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives vehicle to specified destination in accordance with company procedures and governmental regulations.
- Applies knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds and in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading/unloading dock areas.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with dispatcher to receive pick-up or delivery instructions.
- Loads and unloads trailer, either individually or with assistance of dock workers, with or without mechanical freight-handling equipment.
- Ensures that load is secure by using a variety of cargo straps, tarps, ropes, chains, lumber and other tools.
- May perform lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying of freight.
- Hooks and unhooks trailers from tractor or from converter dollies.
- Inspects tractor or truck for defects before, during and after trips and submits reports indication truck or tractor condition.
- Notes condition of various equipment items such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil and water.
- Install and remove tire chains as required by weather conditions.
- Ensures that all shipping documents (manifest, bills of lading, delivery receipts, hazardous material placarding, etc.) required to move the shipment is available and complete.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures; and complies with all Federal, State, and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Maintains records as required, including drivers logs, vehicle inspections, and other reports.
- Reports any and all safety hazards.
- Reports accidents (vehicular and/or cargo) or on-the-job injury immediately to the on-duty supervisor.
- Dependable and consistent attendance required.