To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus one to two years tractor-trailer driving experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as hazardous materials shipping regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to conduct telephone communication.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have current, valid Commercial Drivers License (class A), with hazardous materials endorsement and may be required to obtain a doubles endorsement.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with others.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to reach overhead.
- Must be able to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls for extended periods.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crawl, crouch, or crawl to examine equipment and cargo.
- Must be able to install and remove 60 pound tire chains as required by weather conditions.
- Must be able to push or pull freight up to 4000 pounds with the use of a pallet jack.
- May be required to reposition (push or pull) a 3500 pound dolly on uneven surfaces while hooking a set of trailers.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions.
- The employee also may work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Position is located in a non-smoking facility.
- Lynden Transport is an equal opportunity employer.
- Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Successful candidate must pass pre-employment drug test.