Responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with the accepted principals of the safe operations of commercial motor vehicle cargo tank while safely transporting hazardous material to and from locations.
- Proper pre and post trip truck and trailer inspections.
- Safely drive loaded and empty tanker trucks of various sizes, makes/models, and configurations.
- Properly load and unload; handling, hooking, and unhooking hoses.
- Operating pumps and valves for loading and unloading, both on and off the truck.
- Safely fill tanks of all types and sizes using various size hoses, nozzles, and fittings; safely using pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches, hammers, and other hand tools.
- Accurately complete driver logs, pre and post trip forms, invoices, and other paperwork as required.
- Courteously work with bosses, dispatchers, fellow employees, and customers.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as required,in order to perform required vehicle inspections.
- Frequently climb in and out of a large truck.
- Extended schedule may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to one hundred(100) pounds.
- Maybe required to be exposed to extreme weather conditions (snow, ice, heat, winds).
- Remote locations.
- Occasionally climb ladders to inspect inside the cargo tank following loading or unloading.
- Sit for extended periods of time in a truck and be able to drive, for as many as 11 hours while transporting hazardous materials such as gasoline and diesel fuel.
"Relocation Assistance is available for those willing to move to the Carlin, NV and Reno/Sparks Area. You must currently reside 75+ miles from the terminal address. Contact us to learn more!!"