Clinical Care Coordinator
Fern Park Developmental Center
Fern Park, FL
Clinical Care Coordinator position available to assist Health Services Director in the delivery of health-related services. Responsible for all health-related services according to policies/procedures & standards of the Nurse Practice Act and ICF/DD standards.
Salary negotiable per experience.
- Performs initial and continuing nursing assessment of each individual.
- Assists in the development of individual program plans.
- Assesses and reviews each individual medical condition.
- Determines and participates in implementing an appropriate action, treatment and response, follow-up care needed through resolution, via Nursing Care Plan as identified in IPP.
- Participates in admission/discharge review process as assigned by HSD.
- Conducts LPN orientation as assigned by HSD.Monitors personal individual hygiene.
- Supervises LPNs in the performance of their assigned duties; submits required performance evaluations to HSD.
- Implements facility personnel orientation as delegated by HSD.
- Serves as Acting Health Services Director in incumbent's absence.
- Reviews physician order transcriptions and verifies correct implementation.
- Participates in the on-going evaluation and problem identification of all community service providers and reports quality of services rendered to HSD or Administrator.
- Implements and maintains an organized tracking system for consultation, special procedures, laboratory, X-ray, and immunizations to provide accurate and timely acquisition of
- needed assessment daily.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered
- Monitors medication administration system to ensure continuity and quality.
- Participates in developmental program activities in conjunction with Programming Department.
- Monitors, documents, and reports individual responses to medical/nursing intervention.
- Performs a pre-employment physical examination of job candidates to assess physical ability to meet essential job requirements. Refers candidates back to their medical doctor for health/medical conditions.
- Monitors infection control program.
- Performs assessment of injured employees in the role of "First Responder" as outlined in the policy for employee injuries.
- Understands and adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Reports instances of abuse in accordance with specified guidelines in the abuse policy.
- Attends scheduled training and in-service sessions and demonstrates learned competencies.
- Performs all other job-related duties as assigned.
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- 1 Personal Day
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Short Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a current and valid FL RN license.
- Minimum of 1-year nursing experience required, preferably in an ICF/DDs setting.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Valid FL Driver's License with an acceptable driving record for the past three years
- Level II background, TB test & drug screening required
Apply NowApply Now