The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Activity Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Administrator to assure that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
- Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the activity department.
- Develop and maintain an activity schedule.
- Involve residents and families in planning facility activity programs.
- Involve the resident/family in planning objectives and goals for the resident.
- Interview residents or family members to obtain activity information.
- Develop preliminary and comprehensive assessments of the activity needs of each resident.
- Schedule movies, plan parties, and provide games/activities for residents.
- Encourage residents to participate in hobbies and crafts. Provide materials as necessary.
- Supervise activities as necessary.
- Coordinate activities with other departments as necessary.
- Assist bed residents by visiting with them, writing letters, running errands, making appointments, etc., as necessary.
- Review nurses’ notes to determine if the activity care plan is being followed. Report problem areas to the DONS.
- Ensure that all charted activity progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident’s response to the service.
- Review and develop a plan of correction for activity deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy of such report to the Administrator.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting such to the Administrator as required.
- Others duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the Administrator.
Regent Care Centers® offers a competitive compensation and benefit package for Full Time employees that includes:
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Life insurance
- Flexible Spending for Medical and Dependent Care
- 401(k) Matching contributions up to 4%
- Part Time employees are offered limited PTO, limited Paid Holidays, and 401k benefits. PRN employees are offered 401k benefits.