The primary purpose of your job position is to maintain resident medical records and health information systems in accordance with current federal and state guidelines and DMEPOS Supplier Standards, as well as in accordance with our facility’s established privacy policies and
- File information such as nurses’ notes, resident assessments, progress notes, laboratory reports, x-ray results, correspondence, etc., into resident charts.
- Retrieve resident records (manually/electronically). Deliver as necessary.
- Ensure resident records are properly completed, assembled, coded, signed, indexed, etc., before filing. Demonstrates understanding of proper requirements for thinning medical records.
- Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator. Acts as Privacy Officer, ensuring HIPAA privacy and security regulations are followed.
- Comply with CMS DMEPOS Supplier Standards.
- Retrieve information from records as authorized/required for insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid, VA, etc. in accordance with current Privacy Rules.
- Ensure resident charts/records do not leave the medical records room except as authorized in our policies and procedures and identify proper retention and storage arrangements.
- Data entry of computerized physician’s orders including medication and treatment orders
- Working in collaboration with charge nurses for month end physician order recap review and revision.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing and/or Administrator.
Regent Care Centers® offers a competitive compensation and benefit package for Full Time employees that includes:
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Life insurance
- Flexible Spending for Medical and Dependent Care
- 401(k) Matching contributions up to 4%
Part Time employees are offered limited PTO, limited Paid Holidays, and 401k benefits. PRN employees are offered 401k benefits.