The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Operations Planning Manager in the
areas of production scheduling and production capacity management. The individual’s first priority is to develop daily production schedules that optimize the plant’s resources and ensures the right products are created, at the right time, at the right cost.
Reports to the Operations Planning Manager and works closely with production supervision team to ensure production schedules meet customer demand, achieve on-time delivery, and meet plant productivity and inventory cost goals. Communicates with procurement and sales as required to complete job duties.
Primary Job Duties
- Schedules daily production volume in all Processing Areas (Slicing, Sorting, Trimming, DSI, Marination, and Repacks, plus any other process areas to be identified)
- Manages on-site and off-site PAR levels of make to stock to stock products to ensure customer fill rate and inventory goals are met
- Schedules products based on their spice profile to comply with food safety standards
- Collaboratively working with procurement team to monitor available raw material as per production schedule.
- Frequently informs production of demand or schedule changes
- Communicates with sales and procurement as needed to maintain short and long-term volume forecasts
- Conducts root cause analysis on deviations to schedule
- Establishes time, capacity, and routing parameters for current and future products
- Informs Operations Planning Manager of scheduling and processing constraints
- Works with Production management to ensure parameters are being executed on the floor and setup monitoring systems with detailed history
- Conducts maintenance on scheduling information systems and ERP as required
- Any other duties as specified by management
- Analytical skills to recognize patterns in data, information or events to draw logical conclusions and make recommendations for action.
- Ability to efficiently use all Microsoft Office products such as Word, Power Point, Excel.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Self-Management: Ability to display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Accountability & Dependability: Ability to be at work on time, and follow instructions, policies and procedures.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task with limited supervision