Argos, with over 80 years in the market, has become a benchmark in the industry of cement, ready mix concrete and aggregates through our operations in Colombia, the United States, Central America and the Caribbean. Our business model focuses on the client and on sustainable development, which means it is economically viable, respects people, and is environmentally friendly and responsible.
General purpose of the job
The primary responsibility of this position is to repair and maintain machinery both electronic and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and other plant equipment related to our concrete plant facilities.
Proactive approach to equipment maintenance programs ensuring the optimum use of materials and resources. Maintain effective maintenance programs, shop rules and data system (TMT) so to minimize costs for all mobile and plant equipment and ensure all government inspections are performed. Work with maintenance Coordinator and computer system to ensure accurate and timely information flow and the use of information for reporting and maintenance decisions. Some duties/tasks include, but not limited to:
- Evaluate equipment condition and make recommendations to Managers and Mechanics prior to repairs.
- Maintain preventative maintenance program & coordinate service schedule with mechanics or outsource vendors.
- Work with Operations Manager to ensure plants are manufacturing accurately at peek efficiencies: moisture probe operations, batch accuracy & speed, truck loading speed & consistency.
Technical knowledge and certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Stationary Engineer Certification, Technical School or Some College preferred
- Working knowledge of concrete products and production processes
- Ability to read and understand operations/machine manuals and/or diagrams
Area of experience
- Minimum – Three (3) years facilities experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical abilities
- Possess a general knowledge of construction and Concrete
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity in all aspects of our business.