Company:US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:Master’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:5 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Sysco is seeking a Sr. Data Scientist to help drive the development of industry-leading advanced analytics models as part of its Enterprise Analytics Team. As a Sr., you will own the technical development of a portfolio of domain-specific predictive models in support of a functional group (Pricing, Merchandising, Supply Chain & Logistics, etc).
There are two primary responsibilities of the Sr. Data Scientist:
1. Develop predictive analytics (“hands-on-keyboard”) via statistical, machine learning, and mathematical models on Sysco’s corporate data to get actionable business insights as the technical expert in the portfolio
2. Lead and coach data scientists to succeed in their areas of responsibility and in support of the domain-specific portfolio of models that you are accountable for
- Lead the technical development of an industry-leading predictive analytics portfolio in support of key functional & business priorities (e.g., demand generation, assortment optimization, supply chain design & optimization)
- Work with VPs and Sr. Directors throughout Sysco to frame business opportunities and develop appropriate analytic strategies. Ensure the appropriate analytical techniques are used to solve those business opportunities. Partner with business and technology teams to incorporate end user feedback for new features request and continuous improvements
- Build predictive models, conduct EDA & data mining, implement natural language processing, and apply optimization techniques using Python and open source libraries like numpy, scipy, nltk, keras, tensorflow, pytorch, mxnet, prophet, matplotlib, and seaborn.
- Manage, attract, coach, retain, and motivate a world class team of scientists and engineers
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously and help team resource planning.
- Perform regular code reviews and give feedback on approach and coding standards to junior data scientists.
- Design and execute experiments to validate solutions during product rollout and present results to leadership.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive business results through various use cases and enabling business outcomes and tracking through new processes and performance management, enabled through reporting and visualizations in Tableau and other packages.
- Work with Sysco’s technology teams on data integration to architect, build and continuously improve data assets, which are the foundation of data-driven and customer-centric initiatives
- Research industry leading analytics practices and recommend continuous improvement opportunities for Sysco
- Represent Sysco in industry events
Education and / or Experience:
- Master’s degree + 5 years or PhD + 3 years of industry experience in management consulting, strategy, analytics, at a specialized analytics company or in an analytics organization in a corporate setting.
- Degree should be in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field; preferred from a top tier University.
- 5+ years of experience accessing and manipulating data in SQL or NoSQL database environments
- 4+ years of experience with scientific scripting languages (e.g., Python) and/or object oriented programming (e.g., C++, Java)
- 5+ years of experience with Bayesian statistics, regression analysis (beyond linear regression), supervised learning, unsupervised learning or timeseries analysis required
- Must be able to think conceptually, strategically, and creatively with little oversight or direction (i.e. display thought leadership vs. simply "do" or execute something that was developed or directed by someone else)
- Must have experience initiating, driving and delivering complex analytical projects
- Able to perform quantitative analysis using appropriate analytical and visualization tools such as Python, Tableau and open source libraries
- Strong software design and OOP fundamentals (must be functional in nearly any language)
- Demonstrated experience using machine learning algorithms in a commercial setting
- High proficiency in the use of statistical packages, understanding advantages and limitations of each
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms
- Must be very comfortable with numbers and have a solid understanding of various analytical techniques and where they should be best deployed
- Must have a basic understanding of the latest trends in database systems and technologies that enable advanced analytics including cloud based solutions such as AWS
- Experience in CPG, Retail and /or Foodservice
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Inquisitive, innovative, and opportunistic
- Highly motivated, inspired overachiever
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of end to end process for deploying analytics within a business organization to create value
- Strategic thinking and business acumen
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.